28 | B I R M I N G H A M T O U R I S T G U I D E
Alabama Wine Trail Wine enthusiasts are delighted to find vine- yards and wineries in the Birmingham area. Be sure to sample the robust muscadine and delicate peach wines made from local fruit. Call for information on tours, wine tastings and hours of operation.
7. Vizzini Farms Winery 800 Hwy 87, Calera (exit 234 off I-65 S). 205-685-0655. vizzinifarmswinery.com 8. Ozan Vineyard & Cellars 173 Hwy 301, Calera (exit 228 off I-65 S). 205-668.6926. ozanwine.com 9. Morgan Creek Vineyards 181 Morgan Creek Lane, Harpersville (26 miles on Hwy. 280 E.) 205-672-2053. morgancreekwinery.com
10. Aldridge Gardens Aldridge Gardens, a 30-acre natural garden with a 5-acre lake, beautiful hydrangeas and now features the largest Frank Fleming Collection in the area, an art gallery on site and sculptures throughout the property. Aldridge Gardens is truly Birmingham area s best kept secret. Aldrige Gardens, Nature and Art in Balance. 3530 Lorna Rd, Hoover. 205-682-8019 or aldridgegardens.com
11. American Village This Colonial-style village is set on more than
100 rural acres, just south of Birmingham. Costumed interpreters guide visitors on a trip back in time to America s journey for independence. Bring your imagination and sense of adventure. Tours Mon Fri at 10 am, noon and 2 pm. Special programs for groups by appointment. Admission. 3727 Hwy 119. 205-665-3535. americanvillage.org
12. Arlington Antebellum Home and Gardens The city s only antebellum home, the mansion is fully restored and contains a fine collection of antiques and decorative arts including 19th century furniture, textiles, silver and paintings. During the Civil War, Arlington Antebellum home was spared from destruction when Union troops used the home as headquarters. Open Tues Sat, 10 am 4p m; Sun, 1 pm 4 pm (tickets sold until 3pm) Admission. 331 Cotton Ave SW. 205-780-5656. informationbirmingham.com/arlington
13. Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum Home to the world s best motorcycle collection, the museum now has more than 1200 vintage and modern motorcycles and racecars and the largest collection of Lotus cars as well as other significant makes. The museum is adjacent to Barber Motorsports Park, a world-class 2.3 mile road course and