Event Planning & Equipment Bag
Event Planning & Equipment Bag
The success of your sporting event depends largely on its early groundwork and our sports sales and servicing division will assist you in all aspects of your planning.
• Assist event rights-holders and planners with information on area venues and facilities, hotel and local sports organizations.
• Arrange site inspections of sports venues, hotels and attractions
• Secure proposals and room block information from area hotels.
• Serve as the liaison between the event rights-holder and the local host organization or venue.
• Provide event planning assistance including transportation, catering and entertainment options.
• Assist local organizations and venues with the event bidding process and when needed travel and present bids upon request.
• Provided tailored maps and directions for travel between your venue(s), hotels and the Birmingham International Airport.
• Provide free collateral materials to event planners and participants such as visitors guides, maps, restaurant and attraction guides and more.
• When appropriate assist with welcoming signs and banners in participation hotels or other area venues.
• Track hotel nights generated and provide and economic impact for your event.
• Provide a Greater Birmingham area information booths, staffed by trained CVB servicing staff to answer visitor questions and distribute helpful materials. This service is typically offered to large sporting events only.
Sports Sales & Marketing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Event Servicing: email@example.com
Event services will help you determine how much assistance you will need. For every set of 100-room nights your group picks up, the bureau will provide, at no charge, one registration person on-site for four consecutive hours. Additional registration assistance can be arranged at a reasonable rate. Requests for registration assistance should be made at least one month before your event opens. The bureau equips registration personnel with computers for making on-site delegate badges. Registration personnel are not bonded. Accordingly, they will not handle financial transactions.
Official Birmingham Convention and Visitors Bureau inserts with plastic pin-on holders are available to you at a nominal cost.
Plastic bags imprinted with the “Birmingham” logo are available at a reasonable cost to our groups. The 12″ x 16″ x 3″ bags are popular items for packaging pre-registration materials.
The bureau has a complete line-up of brochures on Birmingham attractions, lodging, dining and entertainment. We will also provide your group with a calendar of events publication so they are aware of concerts, shows and local events.
The bureau’s communications division can offer valuable suggestions for media coverage of your sporting event. We will provide a list of local media for sending news releases and other information. A news release worksheet is available to help you organize your information. Additional publicity is provided through a list of scheduled events which is released to area media monthly as well as listed on the CVB’s online calendar of events and things to do. We will also list your event in our printed quarterly and annual events guide, which is a widely distributed publication for visitors and in-state enthusiast.
Your accompanying guests will find plenty of entertainment options during their visit. In addition to a multitude of local attractions to explore, event services can help you arrange a number of delightful guest programs. Your attendees may want to explore the city through tours custom-designed to fit their interests. Ask for copies of our Attractions Map, our guide especially for visitors.
With many of our clients, sponsorship is an integral component in producing a quality event. Our sports sales team is very aware of this component and will work with the event planner to find the appropriate potential sponsors for their event.
First class events require first class sponsors and we have the perfect opportunity to become associated with numerous youth, adult, senior, collegiate, professional, diverse and unique first class sporting events. Contact our office to see how you can become involved and get your name out to the public.
We are always looking for motivated volunteers to assist with numerous sporting events coming into our area. If you are interested in being a part of our sports team please contact us to find out more information as well as what events are available.